Some carpet cleaners have resorted to testimonials from satisfied customers and “review” websites like Yelp to recommend them. Is this a good way to find a great carpet cleaner? While effective, "reviews" should not be the number one source for finding a great carpet cleaner.
Here are my top recommendations for finding a great carpet cleaning service or company:
1. Get a referral from someone you know and trust who has used them if at all possible.
2. Consult the Better Business Bureau online,
3. Check online to see if there are any complaints (Google name of company and the word complaints or "rip-off").
4. If you live in a gated community and have a “referral emailer”, contact them and ask who they recommend. Or if you belong to a Facebook Group like "Temecula Talk", ask for recommendations. Be specific. Say you're looking for a great carpet cleaner with reasonable prices and does truck mounted steam cleaning.
5. Check out their website online. The quality of their website may be an indication of the quality of their work.
6. Call them and ask some of the questions I have posted below on this website.
If their website doesn't tell you the answer, then ask the following questions:
• Are you licensed, bonded and have general liability insurance?
If there is any major damages caused by the carpet cleaner, do you want to use your homeowner policy?
• Do you do Steam Cleaning with an entry level or top of the line truck mounted equipment?
The better unit will cleaner better and carpets will dry faster.
• How experienced is the person (not the owner unless he comes) who will clean my carpet?
• How does your prices compare with other local carpet cleaners?
You may be referred to someone who charges 2-3 times as much as someone else who would clean just as well.
• Are you willing to come back if I'm not satisfied?
Do you have a written money back guarantee?
• We're they hard to reach? How friendly and knowledgeable are they on the phone?
If you can't reach them to set up the job, how are they going to respond if you have to reach them to come back?
It’s not easy to find a great carpet cleaner. It helps to have help. It’s hard to know who to trust. I can tell you what one customer told me recently. She said, “I’ve used all the franchise people (Coit, Chem Dry and Stanley Steamer are example’s) and they all charge more than you and don’t do as near as good a job”. I find enjoyment in knowing that people like her recommend our service to others.
Another customer who used to use the “best” and highest priced carpet cleaner in the Valley told me, “I used them and I’ve used you and you clean as well as they do, maybe even better.”
We started our business in 1974 in Orange County and moved to Murrieta in 1991 and started a professional cleaning service with the name A. Andrews & Sons Professional Cleaning Services. We are licensed and insured and a family owned and operated business. Our work comes with a money back guarantee.
Published by A. Andrews & Sons 3-16-2015
Call A. Andrews & Sons Now at 951-805-8585